Thursday, February 11, 2010

2-11-10

Well I'm still not finished with the binding on the quilt, but I had to take a night off to get some VERY OVERDUE housework done. Plus, if I wanted to wear clean underwear to work today? Well, let's just say it was an evening for some serious "catch up" chores to get done. Tonight, so far, more of the same. That quilt is beckoning my name from my bed... I think it will get finished tonight, if I don't fall asleep mid-threading! Ha! Still waiting for my last load of laundry to finish up in the washer so I can transfer it over to the dryer and get myself to bed!

I'm already thinking of what I'll do with the front door. The mini-blinds are toast, thanks to one of Miss Pepper's frantic "Oh no don't you DARE walk with your person along the sidewalk past MY door!" moments. See for yourself:


"BAD dog, BAD dog!" SOOO... while I do hate, I mean HATE mini-blinds, I was kinda hoping that this little project would just have to wait a while, but it turns out the front door needs some sort of coverage... and I'm really diggin the fabric I found in my stash that I used for the grocery bag holder, so I think I might do a muslin-backed roll-up blind. So during the day, the blind can be all rolled up, for Miss Pepper to attend to her Guard Dog Duties, and in the evenings, when I'm thinkin I want a little privacy, its rolled down. And, IF Miss Pepper finds the need to start howling like a rabid killer at whatever it is that she thinks might be out there in the darkness, her big ole' head will just be able to tuck UNDER the fabric; there won't be a need for her to "pull up the blinds". I think it will be quite simple-like, with ties made from ribbon... maybe. Obviously I'm still working out the details. I still haven't gotten to the fabric store for some muslin and I also want to look at some fabulous ribbon. Oh and I need to get a curtain rod that doesn't look stupid.

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Get that darn quilt done! I totally get ahead of myself all the time on stuff like that. I mean, when I SHOULD be stitchin, stitchin, stitchin, I'm measuring the window on the door, holding up different fabrics to my living room rug, to the couches, thinking if I have enough fabric to make curtains for the sliding glass door and also the other windows (so of course then now I'm measuring how many yards of fabric I have left), measuring windows too, frantically searching my still unpacked boxes of "stash" for ribbon or more fabric, and so on and so on... Why oh why do I get distracted so easily??? Geesh. I guess I just love to start a new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment